1. Powers and duties of the Board
The Institute’s apex governing body is the IIMT Society. The general superintendence, direction and control of the affairs of the Society and its income and property are vested with the Board of Governors.
For details of powers and duties of the Board, please refer to the Memorandum of Association and Rules of the Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli Society. [click]
2. Powers and duties of the Director
The duties and responsibilities of the Director of Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli are prescribed by the Government from time to time with reference to the provisions contained in the Memorandum of Association and Rules of the Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli Society. The duties of the Director of the Institute are administrative, executive, statutory and developmental. The Director is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the Institute. He shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for imparting of instructions and maintenance of discipline therein. He is vested with academic, financial and general powers under the ‘Delegation of Powers’ approved by the Board of Governors from time to time. The powers of the Director have been sub-delegated to the faculty and officers under him.
3. Powers and duties of Deans
A senior faculty member is designated as Dean (Academics). He is responsible for the effective and efficient operations of all the academic activities of the Institute within the policies, directions and plans of the Institute. He leads the Institute’s faculty and other academic staff members in planning, implementing and evaluating activities related to academic, research, consultancy and management development programs of the Institute under the overall guidance of the Director.The duties and responsibilities of the Dean (Academics) include the following:
- To ensure adherence to the decisions and guidelines issued by the Board of Governors with respect to the academic programs
- To prepare the Institute’s academic calendar
- To plan and execute expansion of academic programs
- To supervise the admission process, registration
- To ensure smooth conducting of classes and examinations as per schedule
- To declare results, award of medals and diplomas to the students
- To maintain academic records as per the requirements of the Institute.
- Other academic-related matters as may be referred by the Board of Governors / Director
(b) Dean (Accounts & Administration):
A senior faculty member is designated as Dean (Accounts & Administration). He is responsible for effective functioning of the finance & accounting system and overall administration of the Institute within its policies, directions and plans. He leads the Institute’s administrative staff members in various accounting and administrative activities of the Institute under the overall guidance of the Director. The duties and responsibilities of the Dean (Accounts & Administration) include the following:
- To serve as the incharge of the Institute for financial matters, policy development and program evaluation.
- To work in establishing and monitoring budget which enhances and supports the mission of the Institute
- To monitor allocation of funds to various academic and administrative activities of the Institute and transmission of recommended budgetary transfers
- Overseeing all personnel matters involving academic and non-academic employees including recruiting,
4. Powers and duties of other Officers and Employees
|SNo||Designation of the post||Powers and duties|
|1||Chief Administrative Officer||
|3||Financial Adviser & Chief Accounts Officer||
|4||Senior Administrative Officer - HR||
|5||Officer – Admissions & Administration||
Post-Graduate Programme (PGP):
Fellow Programme in Management (FPM):
|8||All other staff members||
Assume powers, responsibilities and duties as assigned to them from time to time by the respective departmental heads