Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management.
Area:Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Qualification:Ph.D (IIT Madras), M. Phil (Programme in Psychology at the University of Madras ), Masters Programme in Clinical & Counseling Psychology
Phone No.:+91 431 250 5007
Vijaya.V is a Psychologist trained in Organisational psychology, psychometry and research methods. She completed her Doctoral Programme in HRM from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras in 2000 and has been teaching for more than ten years on Psychology, Organisational behavior and Human Resource Management including courses on Organisation Theory & Practice, Organisational Behaviour, Organisation Development & Change, Learning and development, Performance Management and HR Analytics in regular management programmes as well as executive management education programmes.
As a researcher, she has worked on sponsored projects of DSIR as well as ICSSR. She has published empirical and conceptual articles and has also presented in various national and international conferences and forums. She has also authored some book chapters. She is a UGC Fellow and has also qualified for the ICSSR Young Social Scientist Research Award and has conducted research on psychological contract in the IT sector. Her research interests include the Social psychology of teams and organizations, how knowledge develops through Networks and Relationships & the Psychological Contract.
Her core competence is HR Analytics; to scientifically study with a quantitative and qualitative emphasis various human and organizational contexts and apply behavioural science knowledge to help improve organizational effectiveness. As a psychologist, she is trained in counseling and assessing team level synchronization issues in various contexts and in designing and conducting organizational diagnostic surveys.
Dr. Vijaya is a Belbin Team Roles Accredited Consultant. She is also trained in principles of Value engineering by the Indian Value Engineers Society and is an Associate Value Specialist awarded by the Society of American Value Engineers International.She is member of National Academy of Psychology. She is also on the Board of Studies of a few Centres of Management and Psychology and provides Guidance in Academic Curriculum Development.
Vijaya, V. (2011). Job Content and Job Context Dimensions of Employee Expectations in the Psychological Contract A cost- reward Analysis in the IT Context. IIMS Journal of Management Science, 2(2), 197-214.
Vijaya, V. & Indira, Jaiprakash (2011). Dimensions of the Psychological Contract -A study of Employee Expectations in an IT organization, PES Business Review, 6(1), 3- 19.
Vijaya, V. (2010). A People Management Framework. Indo Indian Journal of Social Science Researches, 5(1), 127 – 138.
Vijaya, V.& Kumar, Vipin (2010). Criticality of Data in Succession Planning – A Case Study. RVIM Journal of Management Research, 2(2), 110-127.
Vijaya, V. & Binay, Tiwari (2010). Elements of Crosscultural Communication Competence: Derivative of a Case Study Comparing Indian and Japanese Communication. IUP Journal of Soft Skills, 4(3), 22- 39.
Vijaya, V.& Indira, Jaiprakash (2009). Formal-Informal and Cognitive-Affect Dimensions of Employee Expectations - A Qualitative Case Study on Psychological Contract in the IT Sector. Great Lakes Herald, 3(2), 42-64.
Kamalanabhan, T.J. & Vijaya, V. (1998). Perceptions and Environmental Concerns of Potential Women Entrepreneurs. Sedme, 25(2), 73-79.
Vijaya, V. & Kamalanabhan, T.J. (1998). A Scale to Assess Entrepreneurial Motivation, Journal of Entrepreneurship, 7(2), 183-189, doi: 10.1177/097135579800700204
Kamalanabhan, T.J. & Vijaya, V.; Jayaraj, Paul Pratap (1998). A Study of Occupational Choice among Boys and Girls. Journal of Technical and Vocational Education, 15, 60-64.
Kamalanabhan, T.J. & Vijaya, V. (1997). Work Values and Occupational Preferences among Students. Journal of Technical and Vocational Education, 14, 40-51.
Vijaya, V. & Kamalanabhan, T.J. (1996). Environmental Concerns of Technology Students and Non-Technology Students. Journal of Psychological Researches, 40(1&2), 48-52.
- Vijaya, V. (2012). A Review and Integration of Research on Career Decisions of Management Students. 5th Annual Indian Subcontinent Region Decision Sciences Institute Conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai, India, January 4-6.
- Vijaya, V. (2012). Career Timetabling – A Relevant Concept in Career Development. XXII Annual Convention of the National Academy of Psychology, Christ University, Bangalore, India, December 10-12.
- Vijaya, V. & Singh, Pankaj (2012). A Review and Integration of Research on Career Decisions of Management Students. Enhancing Competitiveness Using Decision Sciences, Macmillan Publishers, New Delhi.
- Vijaya, V. & Chakravarti, Ajit (2011).Beyond Protocol. Case Studies in Management: Contemporary Perspectives, Humming words Publishers, Faridabad.
- Kamalanabhan, T.J. & Vijaya, V. (2008). A Study of Life-situation Antecedence, Personality and Motivational Patterns of Small Scale Women Entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurial Management, Response Books (Imprint of SAGE Publications), New Delhi.
- Vijaya, V. (2010). Make Employee Good "Organizational Citizens”: There has to be Ownership among Employees….”. Deccan Herald Supplement Avenue, 11(250), 1.