Upam Pushpak Makhecha is an associate professor in the area of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management at IIM Trichy. She has completed her Fellow Program in Management (FPM) from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and her thesis delves into multi-level gaps in HR practices within an organization. She holds an MBA (specialization in HR) degree from Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi and a Master’s degree in Psychology from Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya. She did her Bachelor’s degree from Indraprastha College, University of Delhi.
She has taught undergraduate courses at MSI, GGSIP University, Delhi and post graduate courses at logistics training base at Mumbai. She has served with Indian Navy for nine years and has two years of experience in corporate HR. Her areas of research interest are strategic human resource management, multi-level research in HRM and social entrepreneurship.
- Makhecha, U.P., Vasanthi, S., Ganesh, P. & Mukherji, M. (2016). Minding the gap: intended design, implemented actual and employee experienced gaps in human resource practices in a hypermarket chain in India. International Journal of Human Resource Management, doi 10.1080/09585192.2015.1126336
- Makhecha,U.P. & Ashok G. (2015). Is strategic HR alignment sufficient: A study of HR practices in a retail chain. NHRD Network Journal, 8 (2), 93-96
- Bhasin, T.M., Agrawal, N.M., & Makhecha, U.P. (2013). "A case study of CSR initiatives at Indian Bank." In Inclusiveness, Sustainability and Human Resource Development, by M.G. Jomon, Biju Varkkey, Chandrima Banerjee, Narendra M. Agrawal, 46-54. New Delhi, India: McGraw Hill Ed.
- Mukherji, S., & Makhecha, U.P. (2013). "Inclusiveness through social business models: Two cases from unorganized labour sector in India." In Inclusiveness, Sustainability and Human Resource Development, by M.G. Jomon, Biju Varkkey, Chandrima Banerjee, Narendra M Agrawal, 14-19. New Delhi, India: McGraw Hill Ed.
- Co-authored two cases in Entrepreneurship 8e (Special Indian Edition), by Robert Hisrich, Mathew Manimala, Michael Peters, Dean Shepherd, Tata McGraw Hill, 2013
- Makhecha,U.P. & Vasanthi, S. (2016). Homans' Model of Human Group: A Meso-Level Conceptualization of HR Implementation. Paper presented at Academy of Management conference, Anaheim, California
- Makhecha, U. P. (2012). Strategic Human Capability Management (SHCM) Framework - A Proposed Extension of Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) View. Paper presented at 12th International Human Resource Management Speaker at National Seminar on ‘Emerging Paradigms in HRM in the Era of Globalization’, New Delhi (2006)