Suresh Paul Antony is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. His doctoral thesis argues that since age-related differences in the antecedents of behavior are fairly well-established, differences in behavioural outcomes would also be evident. Besides, he holds a post-graduate degree in management from Madurai Kamaraj University. His areas of research are marketing demographics and consumer vulnerability. He has presented his research at various fora and has several publications to his credit.
He joined IIM Trichy in April 2012 as Associate Professor in the Marketing Area. He previously held academic and administrative appointments in total for over 10 years, at XLRI School of Business & Human Resources [Jamshedpur], the Indian Institute of Management [Kozhikode] and Thiagarajar School of Management [Madurai]; in addition to visiting academic appointments at the Asian Institute of Management [Manila] and the Indian Institute of Management [Lucknow]. Besides, he has about 14 years of hands-on customer interface experience in the automotive, financial services, direct selling, and music retailing industries, and across both business and consumer markets.
He teaches Marketing Management - a core course, and two elective courses - Product Management and Services Marketing. His training and consulting interests lie in product policy, services management, and sales & distribution management.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. et.al. (2009). Study of Age-Related Differences in the Influence of Price and Promotion on Buying Intention. Inaugural Conference of Indian Academy of Management on ‘Indian Management: Past, Present, Future, Jamshedpur, December.
- Antony, Suresh Paul (2009). India: Emerging Opportunities in a Market in Transition. International Conference on ‘Marketing in Emerging Markets, Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, Rourkela, December.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. et.al. (2007). Attitudinal Responses of Elderly Consumers to Marketing Variables. Australia & New Zealand Markeing Academy Doctoral Consortium & Conference [ANZMAC], Dunedin, New Zealand, December.
- Antony, Suresh Paul &Purwar, P.C. (2007). Do we know enough to Market to the Older Consumer? The Case of Marketing Correctness. IIM Kozhikode International Conference on ‘Marketing and Society', IIM Kozhikode Kerala, India, April.
- Antony, Suresh Paul (2001). The Making-Over of India Posts – Myth or Reality? National Seminar on ‘Customer Relationship Management’, University of Hyderabad, India, November.
- Antony, Suresh Paul (2001). Hi-Touch to Hi-Tech: Educating the Consumer. International Seminar on ‘Technological Explosion in the New Millennium: Managerial Strategies and Implications for Public Policy, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, August.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. et.al. (2011). India: Opportunities and Challenges of Demographic Transition. The Silver Market Phenomenon, Springer Publications, New York.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. et.al. (2008). India: Emerging Opportunities in a Market in Transition. The Silver Market Phenomenon, Springer Publications, New York.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. (2005).The Making-Over of India Posts - Myth or Reality?Customer Relationship Management: An Indian Perspective, Excel Books, New Delhi.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. (2003).The Making-Over of India Posts - Myth or Reality?Customer Relationship Management: A Key to Corporate Success, Excel Books, New Delhi.
- Antony, Suresh Paul. (2001).Managing Customer Relations.Focus (Quarterly), Postal Training Centre, Madurai, Tamil Nadu India