Srirangacharyulu holds a Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras. His dissertation focused on developing exact and heuristic algorithms for scheduling problems with non-regular performance measures. He worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the area of Flexible Manufacturing Systems for a short period at IIT Madras. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati.
Prior to joining his doctoral programme at IIT Madras, he worked for six years as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at MVGR College of Engineering Vizianagaram. Prior to joining IIM Tiruchirappalli, he worked as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut for one year and eight months.
His research interests include Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Flexible Manufacturing Systems and Inventory Control. He published his research work in reputed international journals like European Journal of Operational Research, and Computers & Operations Research. His teaching interests include Operations Research, Operations Management, Operations Research Applications, and Management of Manufacturing Systems.
International Journal Publications:
- Senthil, S., Sridharan, R., Srirangacharyulu, B., & Ramesh, A. (2015). Analysis and Selection of Reverse Logistics Network Design using hybrid multi-criteria decision making method. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER), 10(4), 9799-9809.
- Senthil, S., Srirangacharyulu, B., & Ramesh, A. (2014). A Robust Hybrid Multi-Criteria Decision Making Methodology for Contractor Evaluation and Selection in Third-Party Reverse Logistics. Experts Systems with Applications, 41(1), 50-48.
- B. Srirangacharyulu and G. Srinivasan (2013) An exact algorithm to minimize mean squared deviation of job completion times about a common due date. European Journal of Operational Research, 231, 547-556.
- Senthil, S., Srirangacharyulu, B., & Ramesh, A. (2012) A decision making methodology for the selection of reverse logistics operating channels. Procedia Engineering 38, 418-428.
- B. Srirangacharyulu and G. Srinivasan (2012) Minimizing variance of job completion times in a single machine. International Journal of Operational Research, 13(1), 110-127.
- B. Srirangacharyulu and G. Srinivasan (2011) Minimizing mean squared deviaiton of job completion times about a common due date in multimachine systems. European Journal of Industrial Engineering, 5(4), 424-447.
- B. Srirangacharyulu and G. Srinivasan (2010) Completion time variance minimization in single machine and multi-machine systems. Computers and Operations Research, 37, 62-71.
- Quality management practices in SMEs - A study from Southern India, Twenty Second European Operations Management Association Conference (EurOMA), Neuchatel, Switzerland, Jun 26 - Jul 1, 2015.
- A heuristic method to minimise Mean Squared Deviation in parallel machines, International Conference on Operations Research in conjunction with 47th Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India, 1 - 3 December 2014.
- A Simulated Annealing Algorithm to minimise Mean Squared Deviation of job completion times about a common due date on identical parallel processors, International Conference on Technology and Business Management (ICTBM-14) AUE Dubai, 24 - 26 March 2014.
- A Dynamic Programming based Branch and Bound Algorithm to Minimize Mean Squared Deviation of Job Completion Times About a Common Due Date in Single Machine, XIII Annual Conference of the Society of Operations Management – OM13, 20 – 22 December 2009.
- Minimizing Coefficient of Variation in Single Machine Scheduling. Proceedings of the International Conference on Latest Trends in Simulation Modeling and Analysis (COSMA 2009), 301-305.
- Heuristics for Multi-machine Completion Time Variance Minimization Problem, International Conference on Operations Research for a Growing Nation in conjunction with the 41st Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India, 15 - 17 December 2008.
- Algorithms and Heuristics for the Single Machine Completion Time Variance Minimization Problem, 40th Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India, 4 - 6 December 2007.