Nithyananda K V is an Assistant Professor in the area of Legal Systems and Finance. He completed his doctoral research in the area of Strategic Intellectual Property Management from National Law School of India University, Bangalore in the year 2011. Prior to his doctoral research, he completed his Master of Business Laws from National Law School of India University, Bangalore and Bachelor of Commerce from Bangalore University.
At IIM Trichy, he teaches courses on Business Laws, Legal Aspects of International Business, Legal Aspects of Marketing and Strategic Intellectual Property Management. He is also a Visiting Faculty at École Supérieure des Sciences Commerciales d’Angers (ESSCA), at their Anger campus where he teaches the students of Masters Programme in International Business.
He is the Principal Investigator for the international research project, funded by the Institute for Money, Technology and Financial Inclusion (IMTFI), University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California, USA., along with Prof. Cyril Fouillet of ESSCA, as the co-investigator for the period 1st June 2013 to 31st May 2014.
He has about 8 years of teaching, 4 years of consulting and 2 years of industry experience. Prior to joining IIM Trichy, he was an Assistant Professor at IBS Bangalore. He has rich experience in teaching business management and related areas to the students of business as well as to the management teachers.
As part of the Consulting and Management Development Programmes Centre at IIM Trichy, Dr. Nithyananda is providing consulting services to the Board of Apprenticeship Training (Southern Region) on drafting a Service Level Agreement for its reengineering its accounts module. He is also providing technology transfer advisory services to a start-up based out of Trichy, for procuring technical know-how from a German Company.
Before joining IIM Trichy, he has provided consulting services in the areas of Urban Finance, Infrastructure Finance, Project Finance and Public Finance to clients like the World Bank, Ministry of Urban Development Government of India, Directorate of Urban Land Transport Government of Karnataka, Bangalore City Corporation, Bellary City Corporation, Mysore City Corporation, Simplex Infrastructure, among others.
In addition to this, he has also provided consulting services in the area of Intellectual Property Management to companies in the area of pharmaceuticals, media, electronics and telecommunications on aspects like valuation of intellectual property, IPR strategy, collateralization of IPR, etc. He has also provided contract evaluation and contract management advisory services through a legal consulting company based in Bangalore.
Currently his areas of research interests are Strategic Intellectual Property Management, Business Laws & Capital Market Laws, and innovations in teaching.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2012). Alchemy and IPR – Monetizing Intellectual Property Rights. Journal of Intellectual Property Rights, 17(5), 406-416.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2012). Software Patents and the Management of IT and ITES Companies in India. Indian Journal of Management Technology, 1(2), 131-154.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2006). A Legal Study of the Escrow Account through Judicial Decisions. SEBI and Corporate Laws, 66(2), 104-120.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2004). Relationship between an Investor and a Stockbroker as expressed in the Client Broker Agreement. SEBI and Corporate Laws, 54(1), 22-38.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2015). Teaching the Elective Legal Aspects of Innovation and Entrepreneurship to Management Students at IIM Trichy. 11th Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship organized by Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Ahmedabad, February 18-20.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2015). Teaching Legal Aspects of Innovation and Entrepreneurship to MBA Students. 3rd International Conference Organized by Nepalese Academy of Management, Katmandu, Nepal March 27-29.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2013). Alchemy and IPR: Monetizing Intellectual Property Rights. Strategic Management Forum XVI Annual Convention 2013, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India, May 23-25.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2011). Protection of Financial Innovations Related to Infrastructure Projects. International Conference on Infrastructure Finance (ICFIF), IIT Kharagpur, India, December 28-30.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2011). Challenges of Marketing Infrastructure related financial products. International Conference on Infrastructure Finance (ICFIF), IIT Kharagpur, India, December 28-30.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2011). Business Standard Infrastructure Round Table. Business Standard Infrastructure Round Table, Hotel Lalith Ashok, Bangalore, India, November 11.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2008). Consolidation of Banking and its Impact on the Economy. International Conference on Banking Consolidation, IBS, Mumbai, India, December 19-20.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2008). Financial Innovations in Banking Industry and its Impact on Banking. International Conference on Banking Consolidation, IBS, Mumbai, India, December 19-20.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2008). Implementation of Hedge Accounting - Strategies, Opportunities and Difficulties. International Conference on Financial Risk Management Innovative Tools and Techniques, IBS, Chennai, India. December 18-19.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2008). Globalization and its Impact on the Public Infrastructure in India. International Conference on Globalization and Emerging Economies, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India, August 11-13.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2008). Financial Innovations and Its Protection - A Study. National Conference on Managing Organization in Changing Times (MOCT) - Identity, Issues, Challenges, Indian Institute of Technology Nagpur, India, February 16-17.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2007). Financial Innovations and its Protection. International PDMA Conference on Product Development for Developing Country Markets: Scope, Challenges and Management, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India, December 17-19.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2007). A Pragmatic View on the development of the Infrastructure Sector in India. National Level Seminar on Infrastructure Development - Issues and Challenges: A Fast Track Growth, Government R.C. College of Commerce of Management, Bangalore, India, March 29-30.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2007). Securities Transaction Tax - An Indian Perspective. National Seminar on Indian Capital Market in Two Thousand Twenty (2020), Post Graduate Department of Studies in Commerce, Kvenpu University, Davnagere, India, February 3.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2007). Software Patents and the Management of IT and ITES companies in India. International Conference on Emerging Competitiveness Paradigms, PES Institute of Management Bangalore, Bangalore, India, January 11-12.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2007). A Pragmatic View on Liberalization - A study of the Infrastructure Sector in India. IBS Ahmedabad International Conference on Management, IBS Ahmedabad, January 5-7.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2005). Hedge Accounting - A Means to Achieve Strategic Cost Advantage. All India Accounting Conference and International Seminar on Accounting Education and Research, Indian Accounting Association, Hyderabad, India, December 10-11.
- Nithyananda, K.V. (2005). World Trade Organization and Agriculture - Challenges for India. UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Challenges of Rural Development in the Era of Globalization - Indian Context, Vijaya First Grade College, Pandavapura, India, July 28-29.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2011). Protecting Financial Innovations through Patents. Handbook of Intellectual Property Laws, John Wiley & Sons, Bostan, Massachusetts, USA.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2011). Challenges of Marketing Infrastructure Related Financial Products. Inclusive Financial Infrastructure, Bloomsbury Publishing, New Delhi.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2011). Protection of Financial Innovations Related to Infrastructure Projects. Inclusive Financial Infrastructure, Bloomsbury Publishing, New Delhi.
- Nithyananda, K. V. (2006). Textbook on Business Laws 6th Semester B.Com Course Affiliated to Bangalore University, New Kalyani Publishers, Chennai.