Hari Sreekumar did his dissertation in the area of consumer behaviour, examining consumption discourses and practices among migrant consumers in southern India. His research work has been published and presented in reputed journals and international conferences in the area of consumer culture theory and advertising. Prior to joining the doctoral programme at IIM Calcutta, he worked at Sterlite Industries for a year, and in the marketing research industry for two and a half years, with stints at TNS Mode, Bangalore and Indica Research, Mumbai. He did his graduation in M.Sc. (Tech.) from BITS, Pilani.
Varman, Rohit & Sreekumar, Hari (2015). Locating the Past in its Silence: History and Marketing Theory in India. Journal of Historical Research in Marketing. 7 (2), 272-279, doi:org/10.1108/JHRM-04-2013-0016
- Varman, Rohit, Cayla, Julien and Sreekumar, Hari (2011). Mimicry and Postcolonial Advertising. Advances in Consumer Research - European Conference Proceedings, 9, 544.
- Sreekumar, Hari (2008). Power, Politics and Organization Development: A Review. The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, 8(7), 55-60.
- Sreekumar, Hari (2009). Review of book titled Consumption and the Transformation of Everyday Life: A View from South India by Harold Wilhite, Decision, 36 (2), August.
- Sreekumar, Hari. Review of book titled "The Definitive Book of Branding, " ed. Kartikeya Kompella. Decision. 2015. DOI 10.1007/s40622-015-0074-4
- Sreekumar, Hari and Rohit Varman (2016), "History of Marketing in India," in The Routledge Companion to Marketing History, ed. D.G. Brian Jones and Mark Tadajewski, Routledge: Oxon and New York, 389-405.
- Invited panelist for the Round Table Discussion on "The Future of Critical Management Studies in India" at the Conference on Excellence in Research and Education, IIM Indore, 6 May 2016.
- Sreekumar, Hari (2014). The Emergence of Organized Retail in India: The Impact on Inter-Organizational Relationships in Marketing Channels. 14th International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organisations, Said Business School, Oxford University, UK August 4-5.
- Sreekumar, Hari and Rohit Varman (2014), "Engaging with Subaltern Consumers: Migration, Identity and Consumer Acculturation," AMA's 2014 Winter Marketing Educators' Conference, Orlando, Florida, February 21-23.
- Varman, Rohit and Sreekumar, Hari (2009). Contested Representations: Understanding Contradictions in Postcolonial Advertising, Critical Management Conference, University of Warwick, UK, July 13th to 15th.