Apoorv Khare is a Fellow of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He holds a bachelor degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Dr. H. S. Gaur University, Sagar, MP. He did his MBA from Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore, MP. Apoorv carries an overall work experience of 8 years in Pharmaceutical and Banking sectors in various roles in Sales and Marketing. He has also taught at IIM Bangalore and XIM Bhubaneswar as visiting faculty.
His broad research interests lie in Critical Marketing and Consumer Culture Theory. His teaching interests are in the area of Marketing to the BOP consumers and Socio-cultural aspects of consumption behavior.
- Baker, Stacey M., Gregory Bartholomew, Aronté Bennett, Samantha Cross, Akon Ekpo, Geraldine Rosa Henderson, Martina Hutton, J.P. James, Apoorv Khare, Abhijit Roy, Tony Stovall, and Charles Ray Taylor. 2016. "Omission & Commission as Marketplace Trauma." Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 280-291.
- Khare, Apoorv and Rohit Varman. 2016. “Kafkaesque Institutions at the Base of the Pyramid” Journal of Marketing Management, Volume 32 No. 17-18: pp. 1619-1646.
- Khare, Apoorv and Rohit Varman. (forthcoming). "Shaheed Hospital: Alternative Space of Healthcare." in Managing Alternative Organizations in India, edited by Rohit Varman and Devi Vijay. Cambridge University Press.
- Khare, Apoorv. 2015. “Subordinate Consumers and Development Discourse: Discursive Construction of Illegal Subject.” In Marketing as Provisioning Technology: Integrating Perspectives on Solutions for Sustainability, Prosperity, and Social Justice, edited by Clifford Shultz, II, Ray Benton, and Olga Kravets, 533–34. Chicago: The Macromarketing Society.
- Discussant in the track "Crimes of Omission and Crimes of Commission." Transformative Consumer Research Conference (A dialogical Conference), Villanova University, USA (2015).
- Khare, Apoorv, and Nirali Shah. 2012. "Imperatives of having Critical Scholarship in Marketing." International Marketing Conference, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, India.