Anirban has completed his PhD studies from Bond University, Australia. He did his M.Sc. (Business) from the National University of Singapore. He holds an MBA degree from the ICFAI Business School (Hyderabad campus), India. Anirban’s undergraduate degree is in Electrical Engineering from the B.P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, University of Kalyani, India. He had worked at HCL Infinet Ltd, India after his MBA studies. He has published research articles in reputed journals like the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review and has presented papers in various top international conferences like the Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference, European Association for Consumer Research conference, MARCON 2014 - IIM Calcutta. An ongoing research project of Anirban has been accepted for presentation at the prestigious Association for Consumer Research (ACR) Asia Pacific Conference, 2015 to be held in Hong Kong.
Anirban is currently a lecturer at IIM Trichy for doctoral and MBA level courses in the marketing area. Anirban has received various scholarships and awards. He won a Dean’s scholarship at Bond University and also received an AUD$5000 research grant for research excellence at Bond University. He was awarded the NUS Research scholarship for his Master’s studies at the National University of Singapore. He secured all India rank 30 in the ICFAI Business School MBA Entrance Test. He had scored 710/800(94 percentile) in the GMAT exam (2006). Anirban likes interacting with people and is an avid follower of games like cricket, soccer and table tennis.
- Som, Anirban, and Yih Hwai Lee (2012), “The Joint Effects of Choice Assortment and Regulatory Focus on Choice Behavior," International Journal of Research in Marketing 29(June), 202-209 - The International Journal of Research in Marketing is ranked as an A*(A-Star) journal in the Australian Business Deans Council Journal Ratings List (2013).
- Som, Anirban, (2015), “Goal Progress, Goal Commitment and Goal Inconsistent Behaviour- Effect Revisited,” Academy of Taiwan Business Management Review (Accepted)
REFEREED CONFERENCE PAPERS:
- Som, Anirban (2014). Sequential Mitigation Effect: A critical Review. MARCON 2014 Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, IIMC, Calcutta. December 17 - 19.
- Som, Anirban., Chris Dubelaar., and Rafi Chowdhury (2012), “The Opposing Effects of Goal Commitment and Goal Progress on Self-Regulation ,” Paper presented at the Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2012 - held at Adelaide, Australia in December, 2012.
- Spence, Mark., Anirban Som., and NatalinaZlatevska (2012), “ How Shades of Failure and Mental Simulation Affect the Likelihood of Subsequent Actions,” Paper presented by co - author Prof. Mark Spence at the Association for Consumer Research(ACR), Asia Pacific conference, 2012 - held at Queenstown, New Zealand in July, 2012.
- Som, Anirban (2011), “Is Guilt Driving the Optimism Bias in Sequential Choice? Three Alternative Explanations,” Paper presented at the Australian & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference (ANZMAC), 2011 - held at Perth, Australia in December, 2011.
- Som, Anirban., and YihHwai Lee (2010), “The Joint Effects of Choice Assortment and Regulatory Focus on Choice Behavior,” Paper presented in the Poster session at the Association for Consumer Research (ACR) European conference, 2010 - held at London, United Kingdom in June/July, 2010.
DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM PARTICIPATION:
- Som, Anirban (2012), “The Opposing Effects of Goal Commitment and Goal Progress on Self-Regulation ,” Doctoral thesis proposal presented at the Doctoral Colloquium organized by the Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy at the University of South Australia, Adelaide in December, 2012
- The cumulative effects of regulatory focus and message comprehensiveness on choice behaviour.