Management Information Systems
Area:Management Information Systems
Qualification:FPM, IIM Calcutta; B.Tech. (ECE), NIT Hamirpur (H.P.)
Phone No.:+91 431 250 5083
Agam is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and holds a Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from National Institute of Technology Hamirpur (H.P.). Before entering academics, he worked at a Digital Marketing Consultancy in various roles and witnessed the working of digital marketing ecosystem from close quarters. This experience became the motivation for his doctoral thesis that deals with the design of internet platforms and explicates how micro-transactions, user practices and the underlying mechanisms of the platform give rise to emergent macro-structure. He draws upon complex systems approach to model and understand real world systems through the realm of simulations and derive a better understanding of such systems. He is also interested in practice theory and his other areas of research include organizational ecology, computational social science, digital advertising, and networks. His research has been published in international journals of repute and has also been presented at various international forums.
International Journal Publications
- Gupta, Agam, Biswatosh Saha, and Uttam K. Sarkar. "Emergent heterogeneity in keyword valuation in sponsored search markets - A closer-to-practice perspective." Computational Economics (forthcoming).
- Gupta, Agam, Biswatosh Saha, and Uttam K. Sarkar. "Systemic Concentration in Sponsored Search Markets: The Role of Time Window in Click-Through-Rate Computation." ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS) 7.2 (2016): 6.
- Pratap, S., Gupta, A., Mateen, A. and Mahto, K.,"Playing games, receiving gifts, creating experiences and building brands", Marketing Intelligence & Planning, (2016) Vol. 34 (4), pp.486 - 503
- Smerlak M, Stoll B, Gupta A, Magdanz JS (2015) Mapping Systemic Risk: Critical Degree and Failures Distribution in Financial Networks. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0130948. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0130948
- Gupta, A. and Mateen, A. (2014), “Exploring the factors affecting sponsored search ad performance”, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 32(5), 586-599.
International Conference Presentations/Proceedings
- Sharma, D., Gupta, A., Sarkar, U., 2015, “Challenging the Incumbent: The Impact of Product Quality and Network Effects”, Research in progress, European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Münster
- Gupta A., King M. M., Magdanz J., Martinez R., Smerlak M., and Stoll B., 2013, “On the Robustnes of Banking Networks”, Montréal networks conference, Montréal
- Pratap S., Gupta A. and Mateen, A., 2014, “Competence to Break the Competence Trap: A Study of Microfoundations of Network Capabilities”, SMS Special Conference, Sydney (accepted, not attended)
- Mahato, K., Pratap S., Gupta A. and Mateen, A., 2014, “Role of Socio-Cultural factors in Project Based Services: Learnings From a Failed Service Offering”, International Marketing Conference (MARCON), Calcutta
- Gupta A. and Mateen, A., 2012, “Factors affecting sponsored search ad performance” International Marketing Conference (MARCON), Calcutta