Professors/Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors
IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) invites applications for faculty positions (Professors/Associate Professors/ Assistant Professors) in the following areas:-
- Economics and Public Policy
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to make relevant intellectual contribution to experienced and potential managers through teaching, training, research and published work. They should have a strong academic background and understanding of current developments in their fields. Faculty members are expected to carry out research, design and teach courses, engage in institutional development and conduct training programs and consultancy.
Minimum Qualifications for all faculty positions: Ph.D or equivalent in appropriate branch with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree, and with a very good academic record throughout.
In addition, for:
- Professor: Minimum 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIMs, NITIE, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards.
- Associate Professor: Minimum 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Assistant Professor: Minimum three years of teaching/research/industrial experience (excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D).
- A fresh Ph.D candidate or those who have submitted their thesis and are yet to defend the same may be considered on contract basis.
- Retired professors from reputed institutes and having an excellent track record of teaching / research / consulting may also be considered for Full-time Visiting Faculty positions.
- Working executives / retired senior executives from Indian and Multinational companies are invited to send in their applications enclosing their resume and indicating the subjects / courses that they would like to teach as Visiting Faculty Members.
Details of pay:
- Professor PB-4 (37400-67000) - AGP Rs. 10500
- Associate Professor PB-4 (37400-67000) - AGP Rs. 9500
- Assistant Professor PB-3 (15600-39100) - AGP Rs. 8000
The pay carries all other allowances similar to a Central Government employee stationed at Tiruchirappalli. The fringe benefits, such as HRA, LTC, medical reimbursement, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), re-imbursement of telephone bills, financial support towards national and international conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms. Faculty members are permitted to pursue industry consulting on an income sharing basis with the Institute as per rules.
The Institute has liberal norms regarding consulting and training and shall make available ample opportunities in this regard. Note:
- Applications incomplete in any respect will not be entertained by the Institute.
- Mere fulfillment of the above mentioned qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specialization(s).
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed University or AICTE approved autonomous institution (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
- Relaxation in qualification and experience / higher start in the time scale may be considered in the case of exceptionally bright candidates.
- Candidates called for interview to fill a vacancy may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
- Depending on the academic credentials of the candidate, the Institute may consider them for an offer on a contractual basis of one/two years. There will be a probationary period of 2 years in all cases.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria may send their applications enclosing their detailed resume and three reference letters, preferably by Speed-Post, to the following address superscribing the envelope with the position applied for:
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli,
Pudukottai Main Road, Chinna Sooriyur Village,
Tiruchirappalli - 620 024.